3.1.13

2012 :: IN A NUT SHELL


I did not expect that I would start 2013 sprinting through an old graveyard at midnight, giggling with terror. Sounds like the beginning of a horror flick, doesn't it? Minus the giggling, that is. But no, it was not the start of a scary movie, it was the start of a year that promises to be full of all kinds of amazing things. Just some of the sweet things in store for me this year include my brothers' wedding (of which I am Maid of Honour! And am doing the invites for, of course!), and also a much anticipated girls only trip to Hawaii (I'm saving up for the shopping!). As one year ends and another begins, I did a little reflecting on the year that was 2012. It was a cracker of a year I must say! So many amazing things happened to me. I thought I'd share a snap shot of what my year was like!

From getting hitched to the lovely Benjamin, to holidays in America and Australia, finishing our first kid's book and working hard, we've had some awesome big moments... moments that have been freckled with lots of little happy memories in between!

Oh, and to explain the graveyard situation – we spent New Years with some peeps who live by a reserve – a reserve from which we could view the New Years Eve fireworks happening in town. As midnight struck and the fireworks began, we realised we would have a much better view from the bridge, and had to sprint through a graveyard to get there! I have to say it was a pretty hilarious and frightening moment, running amongst the cracks and flashes of fireworks like zombies, but it was an original way of welcoming the new year that's for sure.

4 comments:

  1. It was quite the year, and a super fun way to start this one :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! A memorable one, hehe. Loved it, much fun with great company as always :)

      Delete