25.5.12

A GIFT FOR THE GIRLS

I've mentioned before that one of the best things about a wedding (aside from the whole marriage-type thing) is being able to theme a whole day! I loved being able to coordinate colours, textures, everything really. As with the wedding stationery I made, the gift I gave my bridesmaids totally had to match.


I gave my ladies a tote with 'you've got olive me' and the wedding date printed on it. (Get it? It's a pun... my new surname is Olive... you've got all of me... hehe.) This was packed with goodies such as a pretty scarf in the wedding teal/aqua colour, a thank you note in the style of the stationery, a print I illustrated of us girls, and a pearl bracelet wrapped in confetti tissue paper which matched the pearls I wore on the day. I loved being able to give them all a special something moments before we all trotted merrily down the aisle.

Psst... you can see the wedding post here!

5 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful, gorgeous gift - just beautiful. I especially like the print. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, the original thought was to make my girls as paper cut out dolls, each with their own clothing, but with the impending wedding there wasn't enough time for that! It still turned out alright regardless :)

      Delete
  2. Lucy! So incredible and lovely. Wonderfully thought out and it shows on your lovely face too! I am very happy for you and hope your future together is happy and bright! <3 momma bear! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I had heaps of fun thinking about the gifts. Thanks for your well wishes momma bear :) All the best too you, too x

      Delete
  3. What a delightful blog, I love the soft colours with the "pop" of red in your logo. I saw a link to your blog from one of my followers blogs so just having a mooch around.

    Lee ☺

    ReplyDelete